Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Ward Facilitator
Job Type: Contract
- The Ward Facilitators will support the implementation of the project. Ward Facilitators will be responsible for identifying and mobilizing women 18 years old and above into Women Affinity Groups and implement activities to ensure WAGs are functional and can constitute a platform for project implementation.
- Introduce project to existing and new Women Affinity Groups- explaining to them the rules, procedures, and basic approach to community driven development
- Actively engage with community leaders, traditional rulers, and men in the community to explain project objectives and activities and facilitate the mobilization of women into WAGs
- Identify and involve most active community members in organizing of activities at the local government and ward levels
- Support the mobilization of women into Women Affinity Groups (WAGS), which will include organize meetings at the community level to explain the process through which WAGs will be formed, their objectives, and ways of functioning.
- Mobilize women at the household level, and if necessary, explain husbands or figures of authority at the household level of the purpose of WAGs and benefits to the household if women join WAGs.
- Facilitate the organization of periodic meetings, debates, forums with community members to explain project progress
- Support the functioning of WAGs including meeting regularly and conduct meetings as per the guidance of the Community Operations Manual of the Project. This will include assess groups typologies and conduct meetings according to such typology
- Deliver life skills trainings, basis financial literacy trainings and others as per COM manual
- Communicate to LGA coordinator and other Local Government Area Implementation Unit Staff (LPIU)/ State Project Coordinating Units on the needs for specialized training and facilitation of meetings as per WAGs needs
- Provide support and guidance in development of monthly activity plans; facilitation guides and all relevant information about the activities to be organized in each of the WAGs
- Support delivery and process of awarding livelihood grants to selected WAG members
- Support and connect WAG members with Barefoot Business Counselors and according to business plans
- Others as required.
- HND / OND or NCE in Social Studies, Agriculture, Rural Sociology, Anthropology, Rural Development or School Cert or equivalent with 0 to 3 years’ experience in local development, including direct field experience in social mobilization and working with civil society
- Knowledge of the ward where the project is going to be implemented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in local language(s) is required
- Good writing skills required
- Computer literacy skills is an advantage
- Must be residing in the intervention Community among the Communities.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Women are encouraged to apply.