University of Calabar
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
So, We will explain how to apply for Vice-Chancellor at the University of Calabar Recruitment 2020/2021. We will talk about things like the recruitment process, the application process, salary and application portal. etc
The University of Calabar came into being on the strength of Decree No. 80 of 1979. Starting academic work in 1975, the University has the object of encouraging the advancement of learning and holding out to all persons without distinction to race, creed, sex, political or religious affiliation, the opportunity of acquiring a higher and liberal education. The University seeks to promote courses of Instruction and other facilities for the pursuit of learning mall its branches and to make those facilities available on appropriate terms to such persons that are equipped to benefit from them.
The Governing Council of the University of Calabar has declared a vacancy for the position of Vice-Chancellor in the University with effect from 1st December 2020. In accordance with the provisions of the University (Miscellaneous Provisions) Decree No. 11 of 1993 (as amended), the Council invite applications for:
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
Location: Calabar, Cross River
The candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor is expected to:
- Be an acclaimed scholar who is a Professor of very high repute and must have published in academic journals that are both of National and International repute
- Have had a wide range of academic and administrative experience
- Be on the rank of Professor for at least 9 years by 1st December, 2020.
- Provide administrative leadership to a well-informed and articulate local academic community
- Be a fair-minded and dynamic individual with a reputation that is impeccable in his dealing with people at all levels
- Possess requisite and relevant managerial experience to be able to provide leadership to the University
- Enjoy certified excellent medical and mental health
- Be a person of proven probity and integrity
- Be a well exposed and informed person possessing skills in communication technology, appreciating the consequences of ICT in the contemporary knowledge industry
- Be a tested and excellent manager of resources
- Must not be more than 65 years of age by 1st December, 2020
Conditions of Service
- A Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a single term of 5 years.
- The remunerations and other conditions of service shall be as applicable in Nigerian Federal Universities and or as may be approved by the Governing Council of the University from time to time.
Application Closing Date
9th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 30 copies of their Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae, duly signed and dated by the candidates with the most recent Passport Sized Photographs attached to each. The sealed envelopes should be marked on the top right hand corner “Vice-Chancellorship Position”
The Curriculum Vitae should among others indicate:
- Full names
- Date of Birth/Age
- Marital Status
- Academic Qualifications
- Publications and
- Administrative Experience
All Applications are to be forwarded to:
University of Calabar,
P.M.B. 1115, Calabar,
Cross River State.
Important Information / Notice
- Each application should bear the names and addresses of three referees. Each referee should be requested by the applicant to forward directly to the “Registrar”, a confidential report in sealed envelope marked Referees Report for applicant for the position of Vice-Chancellor at the top left hand corner of the envelope.
- Interview: Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview.
Note: Always remember we do not expect you to pay any amount to be recruited in any firm/company. if you find any company demanding for money, kindly send us a report mail to [email protected]