Federal University, Oye-Ekiti
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
The Federal University Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State, is one of the new universities established by the Federal Government in 2011 to ameliorate the problem of access to tertiary education in Nigeria, especially in States lacking Federal University presence. The rationale for establishing the Federal University Oye-Ekiti includes, among others, responsive approach to global academic expectations and excellence; access to quality education; and, to inculcate an attitude for lifelong learning.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
- The University Librarian shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the administration of the University Library and coordination of all Library services in the University.
- As an academic staff, the University Librarian will be required to provide both academic and administrative leadership to members of staff in the University Library.
- The candidate must possess postgraduate degree(s) in Library Science with at least twelve (12) years’ cognate experience in the University Library
- Due consideration will also be given to candidates with international exposure and experience.
- The candidate should not be below the rank of Deputy Librarian (CONUASS 6 or Higher Grade in a reputable University; candidates with PhD will be an added advantage.
The candidates for the above positions should:
- Have and show demonstrable evidence of consummate management and leadership passion and drive in previous positions and, in addition, must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Exhibits the ability of a team leader, who leads by example and has clear mentorship skills and plans; and should not be older than sixty (60) years upon appointment and should be within the retirement age at the expiration of his/her tenure;
- Exhibits a considerate degree of competence, responsiveness, demonstrable integrity and transparency on matters of human resource management with an outstanding experience at the management level;
- Be a person with good leadership qualities who can inspire and motivate colleagues; a person with a clear vision for the development of the University, and must be ready to implement the vision of the University;
- Be a highly commendable person both in character and quality of service, with clear physical or documentary evidence;
- Be focus and innovative, computer literate, and must have a good working understanding of communication by internet; and
- Be in excellent physical and mental health.
Terms and Conditions of Service
- The University Librarian shall hold the office for a single term of five (5) years each on such conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the Registrar in all Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government/Governing Council of the University.
Application Closing Date
24th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit thirty (30) copies of their Application, Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following in the order indicated below:
- Full name (surname first in capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates
- Current Employment and positions held with dates
- Previous Employment(s)/Position(s)/Date(s)
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees.
Each applicant should request each of his/her referees to forward, direct to the Registrar, a confidential report on the applicant’s character, academic and managerial ability in a properly sealed envelope marked “post of University Librarian: Referee’s Report” with the name of candidate at the top left-hand corner of the envelope.
All Applications and referees’ reports should be submitted under confidential cover and addressed to:
Federal University Oye-Ekiti,
3, Are/Afao Road,
Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State.
- The Governing Council reserves the right to extend the closing date if deemed necessary, and/or re-advertise the position should this particular process not yield the desired results
- This advertisement does not impose any legal obligation on the University to invite, accept or deal in whatsoever manner with any applicant.