United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member – UNIX Server Administration
Reporting Line: Team Lead – UNIX Server Administration
- Co-ordinate activities to ensure that all Unix IBM Servers in Data Centre are up and running, backups taken and system is made available at all times.
UNIX Administration functions:
- Identify the relevant role players in accordance with business requirements and dependencies.
- Build a trust relationship with the Business Unit staff (executive to junior official)
- Obtain mutual agreement on the resolution of issues, meetings required and the delivery of inter-dependent outputs and results.
- Compile a database indicating the role players, expected outputs, contact details, type of agreements, skills inventory, succession planning.
- Manage relationships in accordance with policies, procedures and legal requirements within the allocated time frames
- Attend Human Resources strategic meetings to provide feedback from the business to be taken into consideration when strategies are developed.
Manage and Administer UNIX servers:
- Unix (AIX) System Administration of IBM Servers and Enterprise Storage Server.
- Design, install and configure the UNIX servers to the specific need and requirements of the applications.
- Periodically tune and optimize UNIX systems servers and related components to achieve high availability and performance of the various business applications supported.
- Disk space and File System Management on IBM Servers.
- Perform all periodic maintenance activities on IBM AIX servers, including system software configuration, user account maintenance, file systems and volume groups management, patches updates etc.
Manage and Administer Storages:
- Administering of Enterprise Storage Systems (DS)
- Administering Storage Area Networks (SAN) for IBM p-Series.
- Create LUNs from Storage
- Re-distribute storage utilisations on servers.
Work with OEM Engineer onsite:
- Work with Assigned customer engineer from OEM on Software and hardware calls
- Monitor the correct implementation and usage of the system to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Ensure that firmware on the both Operating System and Hardware are carry out to advert services breakdown
- Proactively alert the OEM for replacement whenever there are failed component on the infrastructure.
- Enterprise security of all IBM AIX platforms
- Availability of system resources on all managed IBM AIX servers.
- Maximum uptime for all IBM servers.
- A detailed documentation of IBM AIX administrator procedures.
- Timely completion of all assigned IBM AIX platform deliverables and projects.
- B.Sc. Computer Science / Engineering
- AIX Advanced Certified Certifications, good Managerial and Project Management Skill.
- 5+ years.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online