United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Channel Switching Services
Reporting Line: Team Lead, channel Switching Services Africa
- Monitoring of Channel services (Postilion/FEP, ATMs, WEB and POS, KIMONO, CRM, GCRM, CIPG, TAMs) and immediately escalation of identified failures or possible failure triggers.
- Able to follow though and implement identified short and long term strategic plans geared toward ensuring that the infrastructure capacity meets existing and future business requirements
- Maintain zero level of issues by promptly addressing challenges either identified or reported by stakeholders
- Comply with agreed service level agreements with business units and external service providers
- Participate in quarterly meeting with application vendor to review performance and identified areas of improvement
- Provide support in line with documented operational policies, and procedures
- Daily backup of all platforms must be ensured and also show proof of data movement to agreed repository
- Participate in user acceptance test/ provide support on assigned projects
- Resolution of user issues within agreed SLA.
- Ensure correct logging of all identified failures/deployment/enhancement of issues failure grid
- Proactively identify, escalate and follow through on resolving the cause of systems challenges
- Methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of the cause of failures and attendant resolution for future reference.
- Ensure proper documentation of all IT operations process/procedures and configuration items
- Stay current on new industry based technical trends and infrastructure optimization opportunities
- Build and foster an effective Channel services team to enable service excellence
- Ensure Antivirus has updated patch running on the FEP/Postilion and it’s sub-systems
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the unit/team Lead Channel Switching Services
- Periodic Failover test to DR site to ensure BCP
- Adhere to the PCIDSS recommendations in-order to protect the Card date environment.
- Apply Windows patches and fixes on the OS of the Channel servers to protect the systems against Viruses, Trojans and Malware
- Integration of new project to Postilion as requested by business
- Ensuring that fees and charges on the Channel systems conform with CBN’s directive
- Testing/Simulation of Fixes before deployment to production.
- Generate ATM, POS, WEB transaction reports
- Perform all periodic maintenance activities on storage infrastructure platform, including system software configuration, user account maintenance, file systems and volume groups management, patches updates etc.
- Generate Card related reports
- Carryout analysis on failure response code with a view of fixing causes of failures to improve transaction success rate
- Incident report, for major incident affecting card transactions
- Assigning of IT help desk logs
- Resolving of Alert related issues on the IT help desk.
- Customer Debit Card Service rating: Top 3 – Corporate; Top 5 – Retail
- Debit Card Penetration: Top 1
- ATM/ FEP transaction count: Top 1of 24
- System effectiveness (FEP/CRM/TAMs/BDLite/Kimono): System availability and success rate >99.9999%.
- Ensure all initiatives are executed within SLA (Inclusive of Process Improvement initiatives)
- Deployment of planned product roll-out across the Group: Top 1 of 24.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any Engineering discipline, preferably in Computer / Electronic Engineering / Science
- Professional certifications in any Information Technology Course will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ work experience with at least one (1) year spent in any Banking function.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online