United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Backup / Storage Team
Reporting Line: Team Lead, Backup and Storage Administration
- Ensure that all Storage Servers in both Data Centre’s are up and running, data protection of all enterprise business and systems data taken, storage system is made available at all times and readiness for disaster recovery and business continuity.
Enterprise Storage Management:
- Administering of the critical Enterprise Storage Systems and Storage Area Networks (SAN) and the Converged Storage Infrastructure – (VMAX, VPLEX, EMC-UNITY).
- Perform all periodic maintenance activities on storage infrastructure platform, including system software configuration, user account maintenance, file systems and volume groups management, patches updates etc.
- Storage and Backup Infrastructure Equipment monitoring and Reporting
- Periodically tune and optimize storage infrastructure and related components to achieve high availability and performance of the various business applications supported
- Documentation of technical details for solution deployment and documentation of procedures and processes.
- Perform detailed storage equipment infrastructure monitoring and reporting.
Enterprise Data Protection and Disaster Avoidance/Recovery Management:
- Administration of backup of the enterprise business and user’s data, applications and production servers
- Design, install and configure the backup servers and all backup infrastructure to the specific need and requirement of the applications.
- Managing data recovery in case of data corruption, deletion, etc.
- Proactively manage enterprise data and test for data integrity through periodic business continuity process (BCP) test.
- Ensuring the bank is well protected against business data loss in case of disaster through applications and data high availability and by conducting disaster recovery site’s periodic applications and systems failover.
- Managing the group and regulatory policies on enterprise data protection, retention and recovery
- Documentation of data protection procedures and processes.
- Other task as assigned by team lead.
- Automate all enterprise storage and data recovery processes:
- Storage provisioning
- Storage performance
- Storage capacity monitoring and space reclamation
- Backup scheduling
- Data integrity check
- Periodic BCP test
- Application failover.
- 100% Data Storage Availability
- Staff Attrition rate
- Internal Audit rating
- Customer Service
- People: Sales to Service (non sales) ratio.
- First degree (Computer Science, Engineering and Information Management)
- Master’s Degree or a professional qualification will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online