Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SSA Risk and Controls Manager
Job ID: 21251057
Job Category Risk Management
Job Family Group: Risk Management
Job Family: Business Risk & Controls
Job Background / Context
- Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) is an integral part of Citibank’s Institutional Clients group, serving public sector clients, corporates and financial institutions in over 120 countries. The group is a leading provider of Cash Management and Trade to financial institutions and corporate clients around the world.
- The group is thus uniquely positioned to service clients with local and cross-border interests and provide integrated reporting and management. With this mandate to our clients comes the attendant risk.
- An essential element of serving our clients is managing the risks and ongoing exposures that arise from the development and delivery of products and services to them. These risks are multifaceted and could result from inadequate or failed internal processes, human factors or systems, or from external events.
Broadly these are:
- Process risks such as execution, business disruption, systems failures
- Conduct risks such as business practices, market conduct, employment practices, workplace safety, internal theft & fraud
- External risks such as damage to physical assets, external theft & fraud and regulatory
- Legal, franchise and reputational risk
- The role of a TTS SSA Risk & Controls Manager is to focus on risk governance including the anticipation, mitigation and recovery of these Business Risks.
- Create, generate, analyze and report risk metrics to support the clusters and countries across specific areas of risk management.
- Maintenance of Assessment Units, Activities, Risks and Controls on the GRC tool in line with Enterprise level / TTS Global Product level deployment and acceptance / adoption on behalf of Assessment Unit owners
- Facilitate the implementation of and measurement of TTS Key Operational Risks, escalations, mitigation, key risk indicators and targets
- Perform detailed loss analysis to identify operational loss trends and root causes and develop actionable recommendations to support Cluster Risk and Product Management
- Access and generate reports on Management Issues and Corrective Actions (iCAPS) for analysis and presentation in risk forums, follow-up proactively for status updates and early identification of risk of missing target dates for management escalation.
- Access pre-defined data sources, download and produce Management Information, Score cards for presentation to product management and cluster risk forums on periodic basis
- Innovation and automation of Management Information generation, standardization, timely generation and distribution of quality data, in-depth analysis and presentations to support cluster risk management decisions.
Knowledge / Experience
- University degree. Graduate level at a minimum.
- MBA or equivalent an added advantage.
- 15 years post-graduation experience out of which 10 years must have been in the banking industry and at least 3 years must have been on Senior Manager or its equivalent grade level.
- Mandatory working experience in a least 3 major areas of Banking.
- Experience of work in a process driven environment.
- Good knowledge of TTS products.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and data management skills.
- A good understanding of the operational workings underpinning the business would also be hugely beneficial.
- Highly developed problem analysis and solution skills.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills and the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to work in an environment where priorities are frequently changing.
- Proven ability to make decisions based on quantitative analysis and creative thinking.
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to accomplish goals on complex, time sensitive projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to foster relationships and create informal networks, both within TTS and independent support functions.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and / or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.