Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Job number: 970099
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Travel: 0-25 %
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type: Full-Time
- In Mixed Reality, people – not devices – are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together – whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
- We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
- If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
- In the Mixed Reality Services team, we bring those technologies to a wider range of devices and brings people and things together across virtual and physical spaces We have an opportunity for a passionate and multi-talented Software Engineer to find their next technical and career growth challenge on our team.
- We are developing many new cloud services that leverage AI and machine perception to enable rich, cross-platform Mixed Reality experiences. We’re a growing team of talented engineers putting technology on a human path across all devices. As a member of our team:
- You will work on the delivery of high-quality code components that will power the services, servers, distributed systems and science runtimes on our product.
- You will play multiple, often divergent roles to ensure the success of our newly created engineering team.
- You will work with industry-leading scientists and engineers to bring the latest AI, Machine Learning and Computer Vision capabilities to the cloud.
- 5+ years’ experience in Software Engineering.
- Experience building, releasing, and supporting applications or services in a modern programming language using a common application or services stack.
- Proven track record working with Concurrent Programming concepts like asynchronous operations, distributed consensus and parallelism.
- Experience shipping cloud services, networked applications or distributed systems.
- Proven track record of multidisciplinary capabilities.
- Strong Collaboration and communication skills.
- Experience on Computer Vision field or Computer Graphics field preferred but not required.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits / perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and / or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.