Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient border-less manner.
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Core Engineer (.Net, Java)
Type: Full Time
About the Senior, Core Engineer Role
- We are looking for a driven, passionate, and committed individual to join the team as we grow and expand across Africa and beyond.
- As our Senior Core Engineer, your primary responsibility will be to Manage and seamlessly blend front-end and back-end web development. Build new, improve and manage existing integrations and applications with external partners.
What Your Day to Day Activities Will Be Like
- Produce application architecture design translated from high-level product/user requirements
- Design, develop and deliver code that can support new product feature/enhancements in an agile environment
- Develop customer-facing applications using RESTful APIs
- Create database schemas that represent and support new products/ enhancements
- Maintain quality and ensure optimum performance of developed applications.
- Collaborate in design and development with the rest of the team.
- Maintain code integrity, organization, versioning, and apply object-oriented design principles
- Carry out unit tests of developed applications as well as set up automated testing of applications to ensure correctness, robustness, and scalability
- Work with front-end designers and converting designs to visual elements.
- Maintain code and application security at all times. Ensure data protection.
- Guide and mentor new engineers and interns
- Perform other duties assigned by team lead or engineering manager
Required competency and skillset to be a waver:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the organization’s strategy, product, and service offerings
- In-depth understanding of both front-end and back-end languages, and SEO standards
- Excellent Data structures and algorithms as well as creative skills to apply them in solving problems
- Excellent knowledge of database and ORM technologies
- Ability and interest to quickly learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent organizational and people management skills
- Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting, and quality assurance skills
- Excellent time management and analytical skills
- Excellent agile delivery knowledge including branching, testing, and continuous development. Collaborate with other engineers to deliver sprint goals
- Excellent Devops knowledge including Source Control, Continuous Integration, Configuration Management, Deployment Automation, Containers, Orchestration and Cloud Platforms like AWS, Azure, and GCP.
Application Closing Date