Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Compliance Manager
Job Type: Full Time
- The Senior Compliance Manager will play a key role in ensuring that Jumia is in full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations as well communicating and facilitating a culture of ethical behavior and integrity to all employees, business partners and other stakeholders.
- The Senior Compliance Manager will report directly to the General Counsel of the Company. The Senior Compliance Manager’s role is to support the operations of the compliance function of the Company with particular emphasis on:
- Management and oversight of the company’s sanctions compliance, anti-money laundering and know your customer processes.
- Program design and implementation, including employee training.
- Compliance IT systems management.
The primary areas of responsibility of the Senior Compliance Officer are set out below:
- Policy: In conjunction with the General Counsel and outside legal counsel where appropriate, manage the Company compliance policies and procedures, and propose/develop new policies to address emerging issues or developments in applicable laws/regulations.
- Propose annual modifications to these policies based upon the Company’s experience, as well as developments in the industry and law. Monitor adherence to the requirement that all employees read and certify their understanding, commitment and agreement to follow the Company’s policies and procedures, including the collection and maintenance of the records of such certifications.
- Implementation: Design and implement procedures designed to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Experience in compliance IT systems and implementation of new technologies to support the growth of a compliance function.
- Training: Manage the Company’s compliance training content, training calendar and delivery methods including live training, web-based training and any other forms of training.’ In consultation with the General Counsel, publish guidelines, newsletters or other means of communicating important compliance information to employees.
- Record-Keeping: Maintain accurate and complete records of all compliance matters including inquiries, responses, meetings, training programs, internal reviews, communications with counsel and communications with governmental authorities.
- Reporting: Provide written and oral reports to executive and business unit management. Report all violations of policy to, and consult as to possible remedial action with, the General Counsel in the first instance. In consultation with the General Counsel and outside legal counsel where appropriate, management will be advised of the full range of potential actions to be taken on account of any violations of the policies, including recommendations of actions to be taken against employees who violate the policies.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- At least 10 years compliance experience which could be in the private sector within a regulatory/compliance consulting practice, relevant government experience, financial services, payments, or comparable industry space as a senior compliance officer. Experience at a fintech is a plus
- Experience with and previous exposure to regulators and law enforcement agencies within the USA and Africa
- Leadership capacity to develop, influence, direct, and manage teams, as well as influence/liaise with regulatory authorities
- Experience developing, implementing and managing a compliance program is preferred.
- Experience working in Africa and knowledge of the regulatory environment in the countries in which the Company operates.
- Strong planning, organizational and management skills, and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform with a high level of discretion, professionalism and integrity.
- The ideal candidate will be organized, pay attention to detail, and be a good troubleshooter/problem solver who works well under pressure and thrives in a start up environment.
- Strong academic credentials.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online