Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is a non-profit affiliate of UMB with a mission to administratively support international operations of UMB Principal Investigators. Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S. Currently, MGIC operates in Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zambia, with registration application in-process in Haiti. These operations support the research and clinical programs of the SOM, Institute of Human Virology.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Receptionist
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Job Scope: Local
Technical/Practice Area: Administration
Type of Engagement: Fixed Term
- The Receptionist reports directly to the Office Manager and attends to partners, vendors and other visitors, telephone calls and correspondence. Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend to partners, vendors and other visitors with a positive and helpful attitude.
- Accurate and vigilant guidance to partners, vendors and other visitors when they come into the Office.
- Inform staff of partners, vendors and other visitors and receive confirmation before directing them.
- Help maintain workplace security by overseeing issuing, checking and collection of Visitors’ Tags, which should be recorded in the Visitor Register.
- Assist with a variety of Administrative tasks including copying and scanning.
- Oversee cleaning and set-up of Meeting and Training rooms.
- Answer the telephone in a professional manner and route calls after necessary screening.
- Receive, sort and distribute mail.
- Supervise Admin Interns.
- Schedule appointments when necessary.
- Other duties that may be assigned for the achievement of MGIC Nigeria’s goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Proficiency in English (speaking, reading, and writing).
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Consistently professional and courteous in carriage, dressing, communication and behaviour.
- Competent user of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good time management skills.
- Experience as Receptionist and/or Administrative processes may be an advantage.
Application Closing Date
26th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.