So, We will explain how to apply for Project Accountant at Development Alternatives, Incorporated (DAI) Recruitment 2020/2021. We will talk about things like the recruitment process, the application process, salary and application portal. etc.
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Accountant
Project Title: Youth-powered Ecosystem to Advance Urban Adolescent Health and Well-being program
Reports to: Finance & Administration Director
Project Duration: 5 years
Level of Effort: Full Time
- The Youth-powered Ecosystem to Advance Urban Adolescent Health and Well-being activity is a five-year USAID funded programme in Nigeria, beginning in May 2020. The program, in partnership with select local NGOs will foster, develop and support an ecosystem of safe spaces for youth to gain life-skills, access sexual, reproductive health and rights (SRHR) information as well as referrals to local facilities.
- The primary goal of the programme is to improve the health and well-being of urban, poor adolescents; ages 15–19, by increasing voluntary family planning (FP) uptake and continued use—from a holistic, human capital perspective.
- The Accountant’s primary responsibility is to review and evaluate the consistency and soundness of projects’ financial transactions, and to interpret the financial data and create useful information that supports managerial decisions for both project offices (Lagos and Kano) when needed.
Other key responsibilities include;
- Ensure complete and accurate accounting records for all project transactions are maintained, accounting software is updated and reviewed in a timely manner.
- Support with the preparation of the office monthly, quarterly & annual budgets with the Finance & Administration Director, ensuring that daily variances are monitored and reported promptly.
- Assist with year-end accounts preparation and any external audits
- Assist with the monthly cash flow forecast for program activities.
- Assist with banking operations, including setting up accounts, updating mandates/signatories, making payments, and reconciling accounts.
- Maintain an efficient and transparent financial filing system of all documents relating to Finance
- Manage the account payable ledger, and ensure prompt and correct payments to third parties
- Supervise and ensure proper recording of project assets, including proper tagging of same
- Maintain cost-share records with implementing partners
- Assist with detailed financial reporting, accounting, and budgeting of program funds through the full accounting cycle across both project offices
- Review payment terms for completeness and pay special attention in reviewing advance provisions.
- Follow-up and take actions on outstanding reconciliation items and advances until cleared and/or liquidated.
- Produce special project accounting reports to assist Project Team in monitoring budgetary needs of projects.
- A Bachelors’ degree or equivalent qualification in Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or similar discipline. Possession of an accounting certification; ACA, ACCA, CIMA is required
- 5 – 7 years of relevant experience in accounting & financial management on a donor-funded project. USAID experience involving accounting and budgeting duties is highly desirable
- Strong knowledge of accounting, budgeting techniques, financial control practices and reporting
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the ability to work with modern accounting software (e.g. SAGE, QuickBooks, Peachtree, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to keep confidential accounting/financial information
Application Closing Date
4th June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV by email to: [email protected] using the position title as subject of the mail,
Note: DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage.