Management Sciences for Health
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSM) Associate
Job ID: 13-10904
Group / Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept / Unit: PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Project / Program: A607 – Nigeria Global Fund RSSH
Reports To: Director, Supply Chain Management
- PSM Associate is to support the delivery of supply chain transformation program in Nigeria health sector by assisting in the strengthening of the National and State Level PSM Coordination and Governance, Integrated Warehousing & Distribution System, National PSM Data Management / NHLMIS and strengthening of National Policy and Regulatory Environment.
- Prepare internal and external documents for the implementation of different activities,
- Help to schedule meetings, collate required documents for activities, reports and meetings
- liaise and collaborate internally with finance, Operations and Procurement Unit to ensure smooth implementation of PSM activities
- provide support for the SR and other partners in the implementation of different capacity building sessions and system strengthening activities
- Offer Support in aggregating and analyzing supply chain data and processes to identify, quantify and support potential Supply Chain strengthening investments and related initiatives.
- Provide input in the development of concept notes, activity implementation guidance documents, manuals etc.
- Provide support in the implementation of RSSH grant activities
- Track implementation of action points from meetings and obtain updates
- Work with the PSM team to ensure smooth running and functionality of NHLMIS platform and data reporting across all ATM diseases program in Nigeria
- Support project stakeholder’s engagement efforts
- Collaborate with partners to monitor the activities of State and Local government Logistics Management Coordinating Units (LMCUs) and Data management services
- supporting the preparation and submission of donor narrative and data reports
- Offer support in Identifying critical issues and decisions to be made and potential consequences in cost and Supply Chain performance
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Director.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a University Degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, B. Pharm, Pharm D.
- Masters in Supply Chain, Public health or Pharmacy is an advantage.
- At least 2 – 3 years’ experience in Public Health Supply Chains (systems, stakeholders and networks) in Nigeria.
- Experience of working effectively within a matrix management/ project management environment
- Inventory control and replenishment management
- Tracking and monitoring of last mile deliveries (LMD)
- Experience in the development of national tools and documents
- Experience in development and deployment of data quality management systems and tools
- Logistics Management Information Systems (LMIS)/NHLMIS
- A good experience of national distribution and warehousing system
- Experience of working with State and Local government Logistics Management Coordinating Unit (LMCU)
- Supply Chain Performance management, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and standards
- Experience of working on donor funded projects- Global Fund, PEPFAR etc.
- Proficient in the use of supply chain tools quantimed, pipeline etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Capacities:
- Strong analytical skill
- Very strong report writing skills
- Sense of ownership and pride in performance and impacts
- Team player
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral & Written communication skills.
- Ability to use national data collection and reporting tools in relation to HIV, TB and Malaria services.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
Application Closing Date
16th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.