BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
MacTay Consulting has been in existence for over 28 years in Nigeria. We are a member of TACK and TMI, international consulting companies operating in over 60 countries and with a combined experience of over 80years. Our global network of partners and experience means that our clients enjoy all the benefits of a local office while drawing upon our multi-cultural knowledge and global delivery resource – whenever required.
Mactay’s approach is to work together in partnership with our clients, we aim to be in it for the long term but firmly believe that partnerships are created by ensuring that our clients are able to develop the capability to sustain and drive solutions we co-create with them. We always have an ‘exit strategy’ – ways to provide our clients with the opportunity to pick up the solution and run with it themselves, while making ourselves available anytime we are invited for advice. It is precisely this approach that has led to some clients choosing to work with us for many years, knowing that we are there to support them in their chosen journey.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Packet Core Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Performs Active Alarm/KPI/Fault monitoring of all Packet core nodes including but not limited to: (MME/MPG/DNS/SAPC)
- Perform low-level preventive maintenance
- Trouble Ticket Handling/Management within SLA
- Trigger Escalation matrix where applicable
- Treat out of trend targeted Service KPIs as per agreed ways of working
- Incidents Handover/ Notification via Phone call/Email/WhatsApp
- Attend to Internal/external customer queries to the front office in a Timely Manner
- Preliminary investigation of subscribers’ complaints (General/VIP)
- Perform Access Management for Planned and Routine Network Maintenance
- Perform pre/post checks during Planned activities
- Share Periodic Performance stats reports within timeline and at an agreed frequency
- Generate relevant Network performance reports within the timeline
- Attend to Adhoc reports/requests in a timely manner
- Assist in KPI Performance Improvement
- Perform proper Shift Handover
- Ensure compliance to MSTOP processes guiding 1st level Operations (e.g Event/Incident Management)
- Work according to laid down processes and procedures
- Perform any other task as assigned by the Team Lead/Manager
- B.Sc in Computer Science or Telecommunication Engineering.
- Minimum of 7+ years in the telecom industry for a similar role.
- Domain: Packet Core native and virtualized systems, Clouds, and IP networks.
- Good understanding of Cloud Native and 5G.
- Experience from work as an Integration Engineer.
- Knowledge of Ericsson Solution, vEPC, EPG, MME, PCRF, SAPC.
- Cisco, Juniper, F5, Fortinet Knowledge
- Experience with Open stack, Kubernetes, and Docker.
- Experience in Scripting and python.
- Sophisticated routing understanding and network security Knowledge.
Application Closing Date
1st November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.