BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
Canonical – We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely, and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means ‘humanity to others. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world’s biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world’s most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation – Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why it’s the fastest-growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed.
- OpenStack, while complex and challenging in many regards, continues to grow as an open source private cloud solution.
- Canonical is a leading OpenStack provider and we are growing our investment in OpenStack alongside other cloud technologies. We aim to make private OpenStack clouds easy, affordable and reliable with model-driven operations.
- This role is about product leadership of Canonical’s OpenStack offerings:
- Shaping Charmed OpenStack in partnership with the MAAS and Juju teams
- Working with partner ISVs who offer OpenStack enhancements and complementary solutions
- Driving our enterprise business around OpenStack
- If you have a passion for technology and business, an appreciation for open source, and good communications skills, then you will enjoy a product leadership role at Canonical.
- This role encompasses leadership of product go-to-market in the private cloud market. It requires an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message.
- We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering management experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement.
The successful candidate will be multi-talented, with:
- Experience in Linux for enterprise infrastructure.
- Familiarity with the OpenStack project, the foundation, and ecosystem.
- Familiarity with relevant cloud software and standards.
- A technical or science background and qualifications.
- Software engineering experience.
- Business and commercial interests.
- Proven leadership and presentation skills.
- Personal interests aligned with the field.
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonical’s competition and opportunities.
- Proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape.
- Product leadership at Canonical is data-driven and content-centric. Product performance is closely measured and this team participates in regular reviews with company leadership.
- You will join a growing team and help shape the message across our suite of products.
- You will create content to engage a sophisticated technical and commercial audience, and work closely with marketing, media, engineering, sales, research, consulting, and training teams.
- You will also be accountable for product marketing collateral, case studies, training, and blog posts that deliver measurable lead-gen and awareness.
What Canonical Offers
- Work from home
- Learning and development allowances
- Competitive Salary
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Generous annual leave
- Paid maternity, paternity and sick leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Exposure to international business and technology
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online