BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor
Location: Alima Projects in Monguno, Borno
Report To: Projet Medical Referent
Functional With: Project Coordinator
Response / Supervise: None
Main Purpose in the Organisation
- Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients / beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, ALIMA protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients / beneficiaries health conditions.
Responsibility / Main Activities
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting ALIMA protocols and health care standards.
- Keep the patient and/or his / her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized / IDP patients, through daily visits, consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following ALIMA protocols and health care standards, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patient’s illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all ALIMA medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- He or she is subject to professional secret and respect the confidentiality of all situations encountered in the course of his work.
- Medical Doctor Degree.
- Minimum 3-5 year working experience essential.
- Mission language desirable and local language essential.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Respect and compliance to ALIMA’s and other applicable local security policies.
- 3-5 years’ experience, with NGO
- Contract term: Fixed Term Contracts.
- Work under stress.
- Good organization of his work
- Committed and handworker.
- Flexible and meeting deadlines
- Desirable computer literacy (word, excel).
National Pay Scale.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (including references) and Cover Letter to: [email protected] With the reference “GynecologiestAnd Obstetrician Monguno – Nigeria” in the subject line.
By Hard copies to be dropped at Alima Coordination Office Maiduguri.
Note: The above job profile is not exhaustive, as it could change from time to time according to the needs of the mission.