BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
IPAS is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ending preventable deaths and disabilities from unsafe abortions. Through local, national and global partnerships, IPAS works to ensure women can obtain safe, respectful and comprehensive abortion care; including counseling and contraception to prevent unintended pregnancies.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Human Resources Specialist
Reference No.: R448
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Human Resources Specialist is responsible for supporting the daily operational and administrative functions of the Human Resources Department, as well as being a Cultural Ambassador organization-wide.
- This role provides administrative support to the Human Resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance, system database management, coordinating wellness initiatives, overseeing benefits administration, and coordinating a variety of HR projects.
- The HR Specialist communicates effectively and professionally with lpas staff of all levels with a global lens and voice with attention to detail, and with all work and interactions focused on engaging staff.
- The HR Specialist is a Core Values champion, models social leadership by leading with behavior.
- File Management – Updating files and online databases with necessary documentation to ensure compliance. Identify solution to move towards electronic filing system
- Data Administration and Reporting – Produce and manage relevant management reports and analysis for decision-making purposes
- System Record keeping in Workday HCM and Luna, etc.
- Understand total rewards benefits offered while providing explanation and instruction to employee when necessary.
- Resolve employee issues with insurance providers and insurance broker
- Audit medical, dental, vision and supplemental insurance bills
- Regularly monitor benefit eligibility status in Workday for accurate 1095C reporting
- Distribute paperwork to appropriate branch and processes all terminated employee paperwork.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining Wellness emails and Benefits Bulletin and scheduling Open Enrollment.
- Handle all unemployment inquiries from the Employment Security Department.
- Maintains HRIS data including payroll and benefits information, performs periodic data audits, maintains associated documentation.
- Support payroll processing functions and associated reporting, as needed.
- Participate in compensation and benefit data analysis.
- Administer employee benefit programs including health and wellness, retirement, leaves of absence, and paid time off. Respond to employee inquiries regarding all benefits including paid time off, health and wellness, retirement and others and ensure all benefits are administered fairly, equitably and consistently.
- Collaborate with benefits providers to ensure health and wellness offerings are designed to maximize benefits to employees while adhering to Ipas budget constraints, and monitor benefit utilization.
- May participate on 401(k) and compensation committees.
- Develop corporate communications and programs to promote and maximum utilization of health and wellness benefits. Conduct and coordinate annual open enrollment and conduct new-hire benefit orientation.
- Administrative support for the HR team, scheduling meetings, drafting communications, processing invoices, etc.
- May contribute or lead more complex projects within the HR team as needed
- Works with lpas staff at all levels to enhance their access to individual and group access to the HR team, as well as enhance staff comfort with reaching out to HR
- Coordinates employee events and manages event logistics.
- Serves as a positive, approachable, and responsive face of HR as a point of contact.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years of Human Resources experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite specifically Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, and Word
- Experience with working in databases, intranet tools, and HRIS system
- Knowledge of federal, state and local labor laws and regulations and ablity to understand impact on the organization.
- Ability to adapt, learn and thrive in a fast-paced, changing work environment
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to uphold integrity of confidential information and data
- Proven ability to work effectively in a diverse and complex environment
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Working knowledge of Workday HCM.
- Ability to operate in ambiguous situations with little direction.
- Creative thinker.
- Passionate tor helping others.
- Detail oriented.
- Team building skills.
- Supports a culture of continuous improvement, validating people processes and transactions in order to identify way to simplify, optimize and/or automate.
- Empathetic approach – Has a compassionate and empathetic demeanor in all interactions with employees at all levels. Validates concerns, feelings, and frustrations while finding solutions.
- Collaborative spirit – works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives, credits others for their contributions and accomplishments and gains trust and support of others.
- Communicates effectively – is effective in a variety of settings including one-on-one, groups, or among diverse styles and position levels, adjusts the message to fit the audience, listens attentively, provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization and encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
- Customer focus – gains insight into customer needs, is solution-oriented, establishes and maintains effective customer relationships.
- Can do attitude – identifies and seizes new opportunities, steps up to handle tough issues and displays a can-do attitude in good times and bad
- Strategic problem-solving – identifies solutions that resolve the current issue while looking forward and recognizes impact of today’s solutions on the organization’s future.
- Adaptable and flexible – readily adapts to personal, interpersonal, and leadership; understands that different situations may require different approaches; able to respond differently based on the circumstances; is flexible and open to new ideas, different perspective and welcomes change.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online