Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated (JLL)
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated (JLL) (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. JLL shapes the future of real estate for a better world by using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities.
As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That’s why we’re committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSW Lead
Job ID: REQ174418
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Implement JLL CS HSSE strategic objectives and bring them to life for the account, ensuring effective operational relevance.
- Manage and reduce operational risks across the account by providing guidance and advice on health and safety risk management at all levels.
- Provide technical advice on relevant HSSE issues and communicate notifications of changes in legislation that will impact service delivery and/or client occupancy.
- Ensure a continued working knowledge of relevant current legislation
- Identify improvement opportunities and support the account team in identifying practical cost-effective solutions and controls for HSSE risks.
- Ensure building related risk assessments are in place in line with legal requirements and Client Risk Control Standards
- Manage account for incident and accident investigations
- Organize, implement, and maintain an effective account HSSE communication plan.
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of JLL Global HSSE operational controls, (i.e., process, standards, procedures, and guidelines) ensuring compliance with HSSE obligations and JLL’s HSE aspirations
- Identify and align JLL HSSE practices to SCB HSSE standards and requirements
- Drive the development of best practice HSE training programs and resources.
- Implement HSE strategy and operating protocols for the safety performance of JLL’s contractors and supply chain vendors.
- Oversee the successful delivery of HSSE regulatory responsibilities and best practices globally to secure regulatory compliance, including management of change related to new and revised legislation.
- Oversee the successful management of assurance for the HSSE program, while supporting growth strategies related to Client, JLL and/or national and industry standards.
- A minimum 10 years HSSE management experience within Operational Management systems and working with corporate clients.
- Managing HSSE for multiple sites across multiple countries with a strong understanding of the HSE regulatory environment in major markets;
- Appropriate recognized Professional HSSE qualifications and memberships
- Management system development, implementation and auditing experience;
- Experience of implementing HSE technology platforms and data management tools across multiple countries & regions.
- Experience of managing a, multi-cultural team of HSSE professionals.
- Practical working knowledge of up-to-date tools and techniques within a real estate environment and management of risk across a complex multi-site property portfolio.
- Significant practical experience of problem solving HSSE issues in a dynamic/diverse environment and implementation of risk control systems and processes.
- An agile approach to leadership and stakeholder management – able to operate effectively in a matrix structure.
- A strong orientation to goals and measurable results.
- Excellent communication skills to appropriately coach and educate at all levels of the account.
Other Personal Characteristics:
- Positive, proactive, energetic approach to safety management.
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills in order to establish credibility with colleagues and senior management and to foster effective working relations with a wide range of senior internal, client and external contacts.
- Influencing / negotiation skills with the ability to adopt different styles depending on the circumstances.
- Knowledge and understanding of Internationally recognized HSSE Management systems.
- Identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Strong cultural awareness: unwavering ethical standards; drives excellence and innately collaborative. Understands how to be effective operating across geographies and cultures.
What You Can Expect From Us
- We succeed together and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
- Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online