Sifax Group is one of Africa’s fastest growing multinational corporations with diverse interests in Maritime, Aviation, Haulage & Logistics, Oil & Gas and Hospitality.
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Officer
Location: Apapa, Lagos
- The HSE Officer will be responsible for performing hazard evaluations and enforcing full terminal health and safety compliance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Health and safety education
- Ensure distribution of P.P.E’s to staff within the terminal as well as visitors and Clients.
- Ensure all health and safety signs are well placed in the right position
- Ensure that all safety precautions are well in place, e.g. fire extinguishers in case of fire outbreak, muster points, safety drills etc.
- Ensure maintenance of safety equipment e.g. fire extinguishers, smoke alarms. etc
- Ensure compliance by all personnel on rules and regulations concerning safety/health and environment
- Assist the HSE Manager to enforce full terminal health and safety regulatory compliance.
- Assist the HSE Manager in collating information for preparation of monthly and annual HSE reports.
- Perform hazard evaluations on the terminal
- Monitoring operations in the terminal, trucks standard for loading.
- Accident and incident investigation and preventive measures.
Skills and Qualifications
- (3-5) years proven experience as safety officer
- B.Sc / BA in Safety Management, Engineering or relevant field is preferred
- Certificate in occupational health and safety
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Membership of a Health and Safety institute is mandatory
- Good knowledge of work place safety measures.
Desired Personal Characteristics:
- Demonstrate genuine concern for people and build strong communication
- Maintain a proactive approach to health and safety concerns
- Can react effectively in an emergency situation.null
Application Closing Date
16th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online