BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
CredPal is a financial technology company that provides credit cards for consumers to meet their immediate financial needs. We are leveraging technology and the retail industry to provide a modern consumer credit solution for Africa and beyond.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Collection & Recovery
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking to hire the Head of Collections & Recovery at CredPal. The Head of Collections and Recovery takes an active role in the collections and recovery leadership team.
- Responsible for managing all CredPal’s collections and recoveries and formulates, review and amend the Collections and Recovery Policy and Procedures from time to time.
- Achieve assigned recovery targets to contribute to the organisation’s financial performance.
- Developing policies, procedures and guidelines governing collection activity.
- Overseeing bottom-line metrics, including detailed strategic analysis, forecasting, and account placement.
- Implementing new strategies and tactics to improve collections and recovery performance, training and coaching staff to improve performance.
- Work closely, mentor and supervise, Recovery and Collections Team Leaders in support of Call Center Manager;
- Work closely, mentor and supervise, Recovery and Collections teams to ensure all collection and recovery activities within their areas are done on time and as per laid down procedures;
- Provide weekly reports/updates to the Management on issues affecting collections and recovery of overdue assets of CredPal.
- Monitor the work and conduct of collection and recovery agents to ensure they are working per the signed agreements and any breach thereof should immediately be noticed and reported and appropriate legal action taken against them.
- Plans and communicates appropriate collections and recovery action and refer matters to external debt collection agents where necessary. Liaise with external debt collection and recovery agents regarding overdue assets until finalized.
- Recommend overdue assets that require to be written off and changes and continual improvement to debt collections and recovery procedures to ensure a fair and equitable approach;
- Prepare and issue correspondence in relation to debt collections and recovery proceedings. Provide advice to late payers to help negotiate a reduction in any amounts owing;
- Investigation and allocation of unidentified and lost payments;
- Participate in the training of staff in all legal issues arising out of CredPal. These may include assisting them to identify genuine securities, legal implications of illegal collections and recoveries, fraud etc.
- To work closely with legal department and make follow up of all court cases arise from collections and recovery processes to provide feedback and update to the executive management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Accounting.
- Relevant training & certifications.
- 5-7years similar experience leading collection & recovery team in Fin-Tech/ Financial Services.
- Good knowledge of corporate credit, collection agencies, legal and compliance procedures, credit risk and account management.
- Competent Project Management skills.
- Understanding of the full credit lifecycle including acquisition, fraud, account management, collections and recoveries.
- Familiar with operating Loan Banking Applications such as Bank One or other enterprise software.
- Numerically savvy, able to work with data, perform analysis and communicate results.
- Experienced in performance management.
- Proficient on Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to deal with uncertainty and make decisions with limited information, thus action oriented.
- Excellent analytical skills, quantitative and qualitative.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online