BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: GBV Data Analyst Consultant
Position Reports to: RISE Gender Advisor
- The Data Analyst will work using thorough research methodologies to perform a detailed research (gender analysis) looking at Gender norms and beliefs in relations to access and uptake of HIV testing, care and treatment services in 4 States of Nigeria (Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Niger and Cross River), LGAs and Health Facilities. Key focus will be on finalization of questionnaire, data analysis, submission of final research report.
- Lead the gender analysis process (qualitative) from the field work and prepare the final report.
- Working closely with the Gender Advisor and other RISE technical staff assigned to, the data analyst will participate in data collection training for data collectors and field testing of the tools.
- Remotely supervise the field work in the four states of implementation (Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Niger and Cross River) (via a WhatsApp group).
- Prepare and share code book and dummy tables.
- Lead the study data analysis and report writing for the data assessment.
- Perform data review, analysis and submit final report of the study.
Specific deliverables are:
- Activity report detailing work done and recommendations including:
- Statistical analysis of available data
- Code books and dummy tables
- Interpretation of analyzed data (quantitative and qualitative)
- Draft Report of assessment in the four states
Total Number of Days:
- 5 non-consecutive Days for data review/code books and dummy table development
- 25 non-consecutive Days for data analysis and report writing.
Required Qualifications / Skills
- An Advanced Degree in Sociology, Medical or Health Sciences research or Biostatistics is required
- Prior experience leading or supporting similar research projects is an advantage
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods, community surveys and good publication track records are desirable
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills are essential
- Good spoken and written English
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines at short notice
- Excellent report writing skills
- Familiarity with international donors and social development report writing requirements will be an added advantage
- Good computer skills and competence with data analysis software’s including MAXQDA, NVIVO, ArcGIS, SPSS, STATA, Atlas.ti, R is desirable.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
6th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV and Cover Letter as a Single Word document to: [email protected] using “GBV Data Analyst” as the subject of the email.
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates who do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org