BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
We will explain how to apply for Acted Recruitment 2019/2020. We will talk about things like recruitment process , application process, salary and application portal. etc.
ACTED has been committed since 1993, to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 14 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
In light of the displacement in the north-eastern part of Nigeria, ACTED has set up an office in Maiduguri to respond to the humanitarian needs. ACTED is therefore looking for a qualified candidate to support its mission in Maiduguri as:
Job Title: Fleet Assistant
About the Job
- The Fleet Assistant is responsible to facilitate the operations in Maiduguri through facilitation of procurements as well as the oversight of transport planning, asset management and stock management of ACTED.
- Responsible for vehicles to make available upon submission of weekly movement plan from all departments on every Thursday for out of Maiduguri movements.
- Account for allocation of daily cars for movements inside Maiduguri, reflected on display board
- Account for weekly drivers’ duty roaster on every Friday and flow of information to each driver regarding duty schedule for upcoming week.
- Allocation of car with driver for staff movement to/from airport in response of forwarded flight requests from Ops Room.
- Responsible for flight booking requests of Monguno drivers to ops room and swap between Maiduguri and Monguno on monthly basis
- Allocation of vehicles on every Friday for coming week based on submitted weekly movement plans.
- Arrange additional cars via FWA supplier, if received requests are more than available cars in pool.
- Adapt car requirements on daily basis upon urgent requests, approved by Logistics Officer
- Provide alternate solutions, in coordination with supervision of Logistics Officer
- Coordinate with Program Managers to inform them of any delay / problem in satisfying their request
- Coordinate with ACTED/REACH/IMPACT staff in field for fleet/fuel availability
- Prior check of car documents (ownership letter, registration, road permit), functional inspection, and test drive of cars before acceptance in pool
- Make sure that physical check of vehicle takes place before handing over from one to the other driver.
- Make sure that driver arrives half an hour before departure time.
- Ensure that “daily vehicle check list” is updated by the driver.
- Make sure that all vehicles are equipped with tool kits, fire extinguishers and 1st aid kits.
- Make sure that vehicles are properly parked within ACTED premises;
- Make sure that vehicle/fuel is not misused by either driver or traveling staff
- Make sure that each vehicle is having credited cell phone along with full battery.
- Account for the overall compliance with delivery and transportation management procedures;
- Any other task assigned by Log Officer/ CLM
- Make sure that all cars are having full fuel tank or at least half before parking
- Make sure that kilometres covered on log book, reflects correct fuel consumption
- Make sure that sufficient fuel stock is available on ground by FWA vendor for vehicles in field.
- Make sure that sufficient fuel stock is available in Maiduguri for generators and raise OF for stock replenishment, once fuel balance reaches to 600 litters each in office and Guesthouse.
- Make sure that contingency fuel stock (400 L) are available in office and Guesthouse.
- Follow up and Check of daily Log Books filled in by Drivers and staff;
- Collection of all Log Books from Maiduguri and field areas on monthly basis;
- Control the In and Out movements of all vehicles (ACTED and Rented) with movement register controlled by guards or specific setup of the base;
- Manage and control running costs of generator including fuel, repair and maintenance. Make sure that generator maintenance happens after completion of 200 running hours.
- Control regularly that all documentation required is filled in timely and precisely;
- Maintain one folder for one car having all documents related to that vehicle including car registration, ownership documents, route permission documents, insurance, OFs, PM, FWA Contract, monthly PO, Log Books, fuel slips
- Maintain a separate folder for generator log books, maintenance/repair track, fuel consumption
- Keep monthly fleet TITANIC in hard copies every month in separate folder.
Join Our Group: CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST NIGERIA JOBS
Recent Trending Jobs:
All employees should master ACTED’s core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Good use of Microsoft Office.
- An understanding of humanitarian/civil society issues in the country and the region.
- 3 years working experience, in the field of Fleet Management/Logistics/Procurement is required
- University degree or advanced training/ course in Business Administration, sociology, social work, international affairs, humanitarian or related field
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages.
- Previous working experience with humanitarian agencies
- Experience working with displaced populations.
- Contract length: 4 Months possibility of extension
- Level: E1-1 (national contract)
- Start date: As soon as possible/Desirable
Application Closing Date
13th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations
- Applications should be addressed to: The Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be review on rolling bases, Interview could be held before closing date.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- For general information about ACTED, please consult: www.acted.org
acted vacancies in maiduguri
acted abuja office
acted nigeria address
acted maiduguri office
acted nigeria office
acted nigeria abuja address
acted maiduguri office address
acted salary grid