The Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) is one of the eleven electricity distribution companies that emerged after the unbundling of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN).The company is saddled with the primary responsibility of distributing and marketing electricity to end users within the five states in the South-East geo-political zone; namely: Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo, with a total of 18 Business Districts offices across these states.
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Feeder Manager
Locations: Enugu, Anambra, Abia, Ebonyi and Imo
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Supervision of Commercial and basic technical staff.
- To ensure the supply of uninterrupted and quality power to consumers in assigned Service Centres, work towards maximization of revenue generation through effective management of service centre staff, detecting and curbing energy theft in the area, fault clearing and recovery of billed revenue.
- Responsible for overseeing the business operations of the company in the Service Centre; crafting and implementing strategies for revenue growth, operations management and team development. Achieving business targets, reducing technical and commercial losses in the respective feeder.
- Responsible for the billed energy and collections for all electricity that is available for sale.
- Representing EEDC within the wider community.
- Formulate strategies and action plans to maximize electricity sales and revenue mobilization in the assigned Feeder.
- Reduce ATC&C losses through effective detection and eradication of energy theft.
- Actively manage a growing team and track individual performance within the Marketing, Operations Technicians and Customer Service teams in the Service Centre.
- Closely manage marketers and their billing cycle activities which includes but not limited to reading of meters, recording of data for bill generation, delivery of bills and follow-up for payment of bills.
- Direct, manage and coach marketers’ tactical activities to achieve revenue goals.
- Translate district business plan into individual goals for the service centre team.
- Review Feeder performance against targets, objectives and KPIs and enhance performance.
- Implements and enforces disconnections of non-paying customers.
- Produce business performance reports, which could be on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis.
- Ensure service available in the respective areas by providing supervision for fault clearance and preventive maintenance of equipment in the service centre.
- Facilitates the integration of EEDC into the fabric of the community by using effective marketing and communications activities.
- Acts as an advocate within the public and private sectors for issues relevant to EEDC, its services and constituencies.
- Listens to clients, and the community in order to improve services and generate community involvement. Assures community awareness of EEDC’s response to community needs.
- Lead the promotion of a “Safety Above All” culture in the Service Centre.
- Support the safety plan through personal involvement in all aspects of safety, including training and attention to the adherence to safety requirements of particular trades or skills.
- Ensure that safety initiatives are consistently administered in compliance with EEDC policies and government regulations.
- Review maintenance planned work orders, and other facility repair activities for completeness, proper method, quality of accomplishment, and availability of materials both before and after work.
- Work with customer service representatives, marketers and operations technicians to maintain a customer-focused attitude with a focus on activities that create lifetime customers.
- B.Sc / HND in Marketing, Business Management, Social Sciences, Engineering, etc.
- Minimum of 6 years’ marketing/commercial work experience.
- Experience in the power sector although not a pre-requisite, may be an advantage.
- Professional qualification in marketing, management etc. will also be an advantage.
- Understanding of business management, strategies and operations.
- Decision-making and teamwork skills.
- Experience in managing service delivery.
- Experience in people management.
- Highly motivated and entrepreneurial professional.
Application Closing Date
21st May, 2020