The Federal Government of Nigeria and the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) have approved the establishment of Country Programme Advisory Team (CPAT) for the coordination of all IFAD funded projects in Nigeria. The team is to ensure quality and provide unified and result-based services to the country programmes in the following thematic areas; Monitoring & Evaluation, Youth and Gender Mainstreaming, Climate change adaptation and Environment, Nutrition mainstreaming, Financial inclusion, Finance and Expenditure Management, Communication and Knowledge Management.
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
To facilitate the composition of the Team, the vacancy below have been declared:
Job Title: Junior Finance Management Officer (JFMO)
- Reporting to the SFMD, the JFMO will support the SFMO in the effective discharge of his/her functions.
- Master IFAD key documents such as the Disbursement Handbook, Procurement Guidelines and Handbook, IFAI) Guidelines for Project Audits, the Financing Agreement, and the Letter to the Borrower (LTB), as well as the Project Financial Procedures Manual.
- Monitor the financial returns from the projects, service providers and implementing partners.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of annual operational budgets.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial reports in the agreed format including: (i)sources and uses of funds statement, including incurred expenditures by component, expenditure category and financier (ii) variance report (actual vs budgeted expenditures), (iii) designated account reconciliation statement, (iv) withdrawal application-statement of expenditure, (v) fixed asset register, and (vi) contract register
- Undertake any other financial management activities assigned by the SFMO or the Lead CPA.
- The duration of the assignment will be for an initial two years, renewable annually based on the successful completion of a one-year probational period, and availability of resources.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance or MBA or equivalent qualification in Accounting and Finance
- Professional certification (ACA, ACCA, ANAN).
- Minimum of 5years of work experience in a relevant donor-funded project with similar responsibilities in budgeting, accounting and reporting procedures of international donors.
- Literacy in Microsoft Office, Windows-based applications.
Application Closing Date