BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based across four hubs in Kigali, Rwanda, Nairobi, Kenya, Accra, Ghana and Toronto, Canada. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. Enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure dignified and fulfilling work will ensure inclusive development and economic growth in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Executive Assistant – Head of Regional Centre for Innovative Teaching (RCIT)
Contract Duration: 1 year Fixed Term Contract
The Work at the Foundation
- We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
- The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
- We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
- The Executive Assistant for the Head of RCIT will provide comprehensive administrative support to include the management of meeting/event scheduling, coordination of travel as well as support of RCIT Team for designated administrate tasks.
- He/she will lead coordination of Foundation internal matters in close alignment with other Executive Assistants and Foundation staff.
- The successful candidate will be based in one of our country offices in Rwanda or Kenya.
Ways You Can Contribute
Executive and Administrative Support:
- Manage and coordinate internal and external events/meetings for the Head of RCIT – act as an effective ‘gatekeeper’ while ensuring access to the Head of RCIT.
- Prepare/coordinate talking points, pre-read materials and Agenda.
- Capture complete and detailed minutes of meeting, ensure timely distribution to attendees and related staff.
- Lead follow-up on post meeting/events actions to support Head of Region, designated staff.
- Coordinate logistics including room bookings, catering, refreshments etc.
- Manage and coordinate Head of RCIT travel arrangements, to include accommodation, ground/air transport, immigration/ Visa/immunization details.
- Prepare and submit expense reports accurately and efficiently in line with organizational policies.
- Support RCIT team in the following areas:
- Manage program team calendar including prioritizing and resolving scheduling conflicts as required.
- Coordinate logistics of project meetings and events including room bookings, catering, refreshments etc. Prepare meeting materials as appropriate.
- Facilitate internal communication within the Regional Offices.
- Maintain organization of the database, shared network drives and SharePoint sites.
Communication and Documentation:
- Compose routine correspondence to support Head of RCIT interaction with internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Support to coordinate and compile material for (Foundation) Board and reporting.
- Support distribution of correspondence from Head of RCIT to Country/Regional staff.
- Organize and maintain documentation/files related to Head of RCIT.
- Build, liaise and sustain relationships with Executive Assistants /offices for Mastercard Foundation key partners, stakeholders.
- Provide support in budget preparation and forecasting for the events related to Head of RCIT activities.
- Provide backup to other (Foundation) Executive Assistant /Administrators as required.
Who You Are
- College diploma or University degree is required.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in an Administrative Assistant role in a fast-paced multinational environment with regional experience.
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills.
- Excellent planning and logistical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, exhibiting grace under pressure.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Office 365 and SharePoint).
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to consistently and effectively produce high quality work.
- Able to work independently with little direction or supervision and possess ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects.
- Well established networks of service contractors, relevant stakeholders and partner organizations.
- Have experience working in an agile environment.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Application Closing Date
22nd June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online