BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
Pulse is Africa’s leading innovative media company, informing and engaging Africa’s young audience and producing content and creative digital marketing solutions for top brands. We run news platforms and social channels and marketing and production in four countries – Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Senegal.
We are the platform leading in reach – with over 100 million users and over 100 million video views on our own channels per month. We’re also a marketing partner, empowering brands with our expansive media reach and 360 degree in-house marketing solutions. Additionally, Pulse is the licensee publisher of the regional Business Insider Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Email Marketing Manager
- We are looking for an Email Marketing Manager to join the team. As the Email Marketing Manager, you will develop, manage email marketing campaigns and create newsletters that are mobile-friendly, and enhance user experience for successful lead generation.
- Our ideal candidate is passionate about the email marketing ecosystem and is equal parts a structured and analytical thinker who will drive decision making from data-driven insights.
- The Email Marketing Manager is a position we’re hiring for in our Lagos office. The role will report to the Head of Marketing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop Pulse’s newsletters into an outstanding newsletter product users look forward to every day and businesses are happy to sponsor.
- Full email newsletter management for all Pulse products and Pulse clients.
- Email database management, maintaining subscribers’ security and integrity, and also periodically purging non-deliverable email addresses and opt-outs.
- Grow the subscribers list by using forward-thinking strategies to garner sign-ups from our social media platforms, and other suitable sources.
- Create email marketing campaigns using approved templates to promote products/services as needed.
- Conduct A/B testing for template design, content selection, content category, etc., in order to optimise performance.
- Ensure email templates are mobile-friendly.
- Proofread newsletters for clarity, grammar, and spelling and ensure messages are on brand and impactful. Include persuasive ‘call-to-actions’ in advertisements and promotions.
- Create a database of emails for lead generation that would be passed on to the Sales team. Track and analyze email marketing campaign performance and suggest improvements based on data-driven insights.
Skills that Would Make a Candidate Successful in this Role
- Solid experience with email marketing and HTML.
- Highly analytical and data fluent. Must be able to gather insights from data and drive decision-making from it.
- Excellent copywriting skills and design sense.
Working at Pulse
- The Pulse team is made up of incredible and passionate individuals who go above and beyond to inform and engage our young audience with quality content, also delighting our clients and partners with their creative ability to engage their target audiences.
- As a team, we value creativity and curiosity, which helps us to stay ahead of the curve. Our Pan African team collaborates cross-functionally and values each other’s unique perspectives and opinions – true to our core values of teamwork. We also value trust as a team – both in how we work with each other transparently and how we deliver reliably for our clients. Our editorial and content team lead with credibility in a world of fake news, which our audience values immensely.
- You’ll grow a lot at Pulse because you’ll be assigned responsibilities that challenge you and help you to acquire new skills. We expect high performance, so rest assured you will have the right tools and support to do a great job. We offer you a competitive salary, great insurance cover, and generous time off so that you can take care of
- your wellbeing – we prefer our team to be energized and productive. As a digital media company, we work partially remotely and partially from the office – we think it’s important for collaboration and team building to still see each other and work together in person occasionally!
- Want to know more about what it’s like to work at Pulse? You can check out our careers page at www.pulse.africa/careers – here you will see our vision and mission, what some of our team members have to say about why they chose to work at Pulse, and some amazing projects we’ve worked on.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a Cover email explaining why you’re a great fit for this role to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Applicants for this role may come from a range of backgrounds, although within the Digital/ Creative/ Marketing/ Advertising industry is preferred.
- If you’re passionate about this opportunity, but don’t have all of the experience we’re looking for, we would still like to hear from you – please apply and let us know why you’d make a great addition to the Pulse team.