Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA)
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
The Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) is a top ranking University of technology in Nigeria and indeed the nation’s pride. Established in 1981, the university has grown tremendously, stretching its academic disciplines and research across eight different schools and over fifty academic departments.
The Mission of FUTA is to promote technological advancement by providing conducive environment for research, teaching and learning engenders development of products that are technologically oriented, self-reliant and relevant to society.
Applications are invited for the position of:
Job Title: Director of Physical Planning – CONTISS 15
Location: Akure, Ondo
- The Director must be a person of high integrity and moral character with excellent interpersonal relations.
- She/he must be capable of carrying all staff of the Directorate along.
- She/he must also be receptive in line with the phased physical development plan of the University.
- She/he must enjoy good physical and mental health and must be ICT literate.
- In addition, she/he must be able to provide good leadership to the staff of the Directorate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Director of Physical Planning is the Chief Planning and Maintenance Officer of the University and responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the day to day running and maintenance of University Buildings, Roads, Water boreholes, Electrical installations, Equipment and other physical properties including provision of service and utilities for the well-being of the University.
- Have a good honours Degree in Civil/Structural, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Building Technology, Quantity Surveying, Architecture, Urban Regional Planning, Estate Management registrable with COREN with at least fifteen (15) years post qualification experience in Engineering, Building, Architecture;
- Have at least fifteen (15) years post-qualification experience
- Not be below the rank of a Deputy Director of Works and Maintenance in a University of Similar Institution
- Possession of a Post graduate Degree will be an added advantage,
- Be registered member preferably fellow of relevant professional bodies such as Nigeria COREN, NIOB, CORBON, ARCON, NIA, NIQS, NITP, TOPREC, NIESV.
Conditions of Service
- Conditions of service are similar to those in other similar Institutions of higher learning in the country.
Application Closing Date
1st June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- In addition to stating the names and addresses of three referees (3), candidates should request the Referees to send confidential reports on them under separate cover, direct to the Registrar and marked “For the Attention of the Director, Directorate of Establshment and Human Resources”.
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit vision and mission statements of not more than one thousand words for the development of the department being applied to.