- 1 BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTS
- 2 ecowas recruitment 20192020
- 3 ecowas recruitment application form
- 4 ecowas recruitment salary
- 5 ecowas recruitment list
- 6 ecowas recruitment 20182019
- 7 ecowas jobs in nigeria 2019
- 8 ecowas recruitment 2019 abuja
- 9 ecowas recruitment 20182019 for graduate and non graduate
- 10 BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTS
Economic Community of West African States
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of External Relations
Institution: ECOWAS Commission
Department: Office of the President
Directorate: External Relations
Line Supervisor: President of the Commission
- The incumbent shall provide the Commission with information on mechanisms to build effective partnerships that can draw the required financial resources for the implementation of projects, programmes and policies, in line with ECOWAS strategic vision. S/he shall coordinate the full range of the Commission’s external relations policies and programmes.
- Resource Mobilisation and Coordination
- Relations with ECOWAS Member States
- Office Manager
- Office Aide.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement effective mechanisms for the coordination of the Commission’s resource mobilisation strategies in line with ECOWAS strategic vision;
- Develop mechanisms to monitor and coordinate resource mobilisation with development partners in accordance with the directives of the President of the Commission;
- Harmonise resource mobilisation activities in line with ECOWAS strategic vision;
- Develop and implement mechanisms for the implementation of partnership policies and strategies;
- Prepare technical notes for the President for audiences and various meetings with external partners;
- Manage the Commission’s relations with different stakeholders involved in the regional integration process and implementation of the Commission’s programmes;
- Develop and implement mechanisms for effective coordination of relations with ECOWAS National Offices and Permanent Representations in Abuja;
- Develop and implement procedures to monitor relations with civil society organisations in conjunction with the relevant departments;
- Develop and ensure the maintenance of a database to adequately monitor partnerships;
- Manage the accreditation process for new ambassadors, heads of diplomatic missions and international organisations to the Commission;
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the President of the Commission.
Academic Qualifications And Experience
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in International Relations, Political Science, Public Administration or a related field from a recognized university;
- 12 years progressively responsible experience in providing strategic analysis and policy advice, including experience in international organizations;
- Possesses expert knowledge of advanced concepts of dialogues with regional counterparts and other stakeholders to strengthen advocacy efforts, incorporating country, regional and global perspectives, as well as an in-depth knowledge of relevant ECOWAS policies and procedures;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of ECOWAS’ role in African and international affairs, and good understanding of ECOWAS rules, regulations, policies and guidelines and their applications;
- Experience working with Member States, Diplomatic corps and Intergovernmental organizations;
- Sound experience in resource mobilization and coordination;
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of stakeholder management, communication, project management and Partners’ management practices and procedures.
- Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
Ecowas Key Competences:
- Recent and progressive senior leadership experience in establishing strategic partnerships, working collaboratively and building consensus with multiple internal and/or external stakeholders on complex issues in multi-disciplinary governmental or international organizations;
- Knowledge of the ECOWAS mandate, strategic plan/priorities;
- Exhibit consistency on actions, values, methods, confidentiality, ethics, measures, principles, expectations and outcomes which connotes a deep commitment to do the right thing for the right reason, regardless of the circumstances;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Heads of Institutions, elected officials and statutory employees to facilitate compliance, build engagement, resolve conflicts and obtain support for change;
- Ability to respect chain of command in an appropriate manner;
- Ability to promote a culture where people hold themselves personally accountable for results;
- Ability to provide leadership, management, and technical oversight for all project activities and program deliverables in accordance with ECOWAS legal and administrative practices and standards;
- Ability to conduct periodic reviews of staff performance in keeping with the ECOWAS performance management system and to mentor staff to ensure high levels of motivation, commitment, capacity, and teamwork;
- Ability to oversee project management, internal controls and stewardship of financial resources and to address issues in a confident and capable manner whilst making decisions that exemplifies impartial and non-partisan decision-making.
- Ability to exercise the initiative and resourcefulness necessary for simultaneously addressing a variety of stakeholder needs, pursuing multiple tasks and achieving positive outcomes;
- Ability to create synergies with client groups and others to achieve objectives in setting and monitoring service standards and indicators;
- Ability to motivate and engage others in promoting or adopting best practices in client services;
- Ability to identify and improve services and client interactions through appropriate networks and to create innovative ways of addressing these in an accountable and transparent manner.
- Knowledge of anti-discriminatory/human rights regulatory environment and ability to advance strategies to foster an inclusive working environment and healthy organization respectful of cultural diversity and gender balance and free from harassment and discrimination;
- Understanding of diverse cultural views especially within West Africa, being sensitive to group differences, gender issues and ability to contribute to, advocate for, and/or develop policies which are gender sensitive and responsive to various cultures;
- Ability to foster a diverse and inclusive interactive work environment that can effectively bring together a wide spectrum of ideas and experiences to solve problems, develop projects/programs and improve results;
- Ability and responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work;
- Ability to remain objective in managing conflict regardless of cultural differences /positions, gender differences, and encourage other staff to overcome cultural and gender bias and differences.
- Understanding of the ECOWAS organizational structure, workplace culture and dynamics;
- Ability to apply knowledge of ECOWAS legal framework, strategic priorities and operational standards to develop/modernize policies and programs and/or to implement policies and programs in a sustainable and effective manner;
- Well-developed business, social and political acumen, demonstrating a strong commitment to the vision and mandate of ECOWAS;
- Ability to judge and make decision on matters relating to policy and strategy development important to the realization of the ECOWAS mandate and the improvement of outcomes for member states.
- Ability to write reports and to analyze reports, and to determine areas of potential obstacles or challenge and develop innovative solutions or alternatives to address barriers and achieve strategic/operational priorities;
- Ability to anticipate and interpret the effects of environmental changes (social, economic and political), and its impact and make recommendations;
- Ability to identify/address strengths and weaknesses, stimulate creativity, reduce resistance to change and improve the achievement of strategic objectives;
- Ability to make prudent decisions relating to the management of human, financial and material resources;
- Ability to coordinate development partners’ project/programmes cycle management, and to ensure their successful implementation
- Ability to actively listen and understand perspectives of others to inform assertions, decisions or recommendations;
- Ability to build multiple external collaborative relationships and networks to support strategic and operational objectives; identify the key issues and accommodate the key players with well thought out communication and stakeholder management plans;
- Ability to communicate with clarity and conviction, make compelling presentations which promotes new insights, ideas and perspectives and a better understanding of issues and challenges;
- Exhibit active listening skills to encourage stronger communication amongst team members, to show care and make them feel valued and to drive employee engagement in all institutions and agencies;
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills focusing on building and nurturing effective and collaborative relationships;
- Proficiency in information communication technologies (ICT);
- Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of the ECOWAS official languages (English, French & Portuguese). Knowledge of an additional one will be an added advantage.
- Superior planning skills exemplified by setting clear expectations and conducting consistent and effective oversight of performance management practices to ensure goals and standards are met;
- Ability to set effective goals/results and manage change in a manner that demonstrates resilience, composure and a positive outlook in an environment of uncertainty and ambiguity;
- Ability to enable the development of organizational and individual talent throughout the implementation of strategic, operational, programme, project and individual plans;
- Ability to implement plans, mobilizing/engaging people, identifying critical success factors, mitigating risks, monitoring indicators and feedback, initiate corrective measure and building capacities for sustainability;
- Ability to institute rigorous monitoring, and evaluation practices and to learn from setbacks and mistakes to ensure continuous improvement.
Application Closing Date
30th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the Application Form below, fill it out correctly; attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a Motivation Letter and send to: [email protected]
Click here to download Application Form (Ms Word)