Federal Medical Centre
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
Federal Medical Centre, Makurdi was established in 1995. Before the take off of the Centre, the facility, then referred to as General Hospital Makurdi, had existed for over 70 years. Indeed the hospital was started as a small Clinic in the early thirties by the Colonial masters to render first aid services to labourers who worked on the construction of the rail bridge across the Benue River.
The Federal Medical Centre is one of the Federal Tertiary Hospitals in the country. It is a 600 bedded tertiary hospital located in Benue State in the North-Central geo-political zone of Nigeria.
Application are invited from qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Director of Administration
Location: Makurdi, Benue
- The Director of Administration shall be responsible to the Medical Director for day-today general administration of the hospital. He shall be the Chief Administrative Adviser to the Medical Director and Secretary to Board of Management.
In addition, the Director of Administration shall:
- Take charge of the department responsible for administration;
- Participation in formulation, execution and review of policies as directed by the Medical Director and or the Board;
- Conducting the activities of support departments in the hospital;
- Coordinates the correspondence of the Board and keep records of the hospital:
- Performs other functions as the Board or the Medical Director may from time to time assigned to him or her;
Qualification And Experience
- Candidates must possess a good honours degree in Hospital / Health Services Management, Humanities or Social Sciences from a recognised University;
- Fellow or Associate Membership of the Institute of Health Service Administrators of Nigeria (ISHAN) is compulsory;
- Candidate must have at least twenty (20) years cognate experience;
- Possession of Masters degree or any other relevant higher degree will be an added advantage:
- Fellow or Associate Membership of any other relevant professional body is an added advantage;
- Working experience in a hospital is an added advantage.
- Director of Administration shall hold office effective from the date of the appointment inclusive of any period previously served as a Director in any other organization in the public service provided the officer does not attain the mandatory retirement age of sixty (60) years or thirty five (35) years of service (whichever comes first) and or such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
Salary and Condition of Service
Salary and conditions of service shall be in accordance with the Public Service salary structure for this category of officers.
Application Closing Date
26th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward twenty (20) copies of the Application accompanied with photocopies of their credentials and CV highlighting the following:
- Full names
- Place and date of birth
- Home address
- Contact address
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children (if any)
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic qualifications obtained with dates
- Working experience
- Vision and Mission statement
- Present employment indicating present status and salary
- Extracurricular activities
- Referees (3)
The application and attachments shall be in a sealed envelope marked “Application for the post of Director of Administration” at the top left hand corner of the envelope and addressed to
The Medical Director,
Federal Medical Centre,
No. 1 Hospital Road, Makurdi,
Note: The curriculum vitae must include the names and addresses of (3) three referees, one of whom must be within the Directorate cadre. Recommendation letters from referees should be sent directly to the above address by the referee.