Media Trust Limited
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
Media Trust Limited is the publisher of Daily Trust and other newspaper titles. They are also into commercial printing as well as Brand Marketing Research for the purpose of identifying new opportunities for business values. Each market research report delivers insight across a wide range of crucial factors such as market size, growth drivers, competitive landscape, trends, and forecasts.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital News Copy Editor
Employment Type: Full-time
Competencies and key Responsibilities
- The candidate should have the qualities of being a team leader
- Ability to source very compelling lead and other top stories.
- The candidate must be able to turn regular and routine news items into big and in-depth reports.
- He/she must possess impeccable English writing skill and have copy editing and re-writing techniques.
- Ability to be a self-starter who can generate story ideas.
- The candidate must be able to assign, commission and guide reporters to do good, accurate, unique and unbiased stories.
- Must have the ability and skills to enrich and contextualise news reports.
- He/she must be very meticulous and should be able to identify gaps in news items and ensure the same are filed appropriately.
- The candidate must be able to separate the wheat from the chaff; that is, select and publish only quality stories that are of interest to the readers.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of a degree in Mass Communication, English, Social Sciences or any relevant subject
- Minimum of four years’ experience
Application Closing Date
14th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online