BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
Renmoney – We’re a team determined to challenge the status quo and make financial inclusion count for millions of under-banked individuals and small business owners by making finance simple and useful to them. Our products suite is led by credit and we’re building broader offers for our users. Our vision is to unlock the power of finance to create opportunities for all.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Science Manager
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Department: Decision Science
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Currently we are seeking to expand our fast-growing team and we are looking for a Data Science Manager to join us.
- The successful candidate will help us build and improve upon our customer decisioning strategy and journey.
We are the Place For You, If:
- You’re excited about technology and the future, and you’re looking for a place to learn and grow.
- You care a lot about detail and pride yourself in impeccable execution.
- You can collect and analyze lots of data and feed in just the right amount of intuition to make sound decisions.
- You are ready to work extremely hard, at a fast pace, to achieve audacious goals.
- You love to speak up, ask questions and are comfortable challenging anyone or any idea.
- Transform business cases to data science (DS) tasks
- Identify (DS) opportunities based on data availability
- Support and lead the team regarding technical innovation – algorithms, tools, etc.
- Manage a team of junior and mid-level data scientists assuring the quality and relevance of their output
- Hands-on statistical programming
- Ability to deliver complex analytical output to a non-expert audience with a stress on insights and action items
- Knowledge sharing.
- University Degree or equivalent standard with a high numeric content: Statistics, Econometrics, Business Administration / Economics, Mathematics, Finance e.t.c.
- Independent person that can work and deliver projects on their own
- Experience with the following software tools – R, Python or similar
- 4+ years of experience in the analytics field – very strong statistical background along with portfolio of business cases solved leveraging advanced analytics techniques
- 2+ years in managing people, teams & projects.
- Experience with hands-on credit risk scorecards development
- Domain knowledge in the Credit Risk working for a banking or non-banking financial institution
- Experience working and managing people under agile
This job is perfect for you if you:
- Enjoy adding structure and developing approaches to ambiguous problems
- Are a self-starter, take initiative, work collaboratively and can self-manage in ambiguity
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Are numbers-savvy and very detail oriented but still enjoy the day-to-day human interactions.
You will not enjoy this job if you:
- Work best in structured, hierarchical settings
- Require clear, pre-set deliverables and constant direction
- Are used to working in/with a large team.
What’s in it For You
- You’ll receive competitive compensation and work with amazing people.
- You’ll work in a beautiful environment with a flat structure and solve complex, real-world challenges.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online