BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cook
Job Number: 21113556
Location: Protea Hotel – New Owerri, Owerri – Imo
Brand Protea: Hotels
Position Type Non-Management
Job Category: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Connect your passions with a rewarding opportunity:
- Others may call you a foodie, but you know you’re much more than that. You want to learn all the tricks of the trade and be the master of the kitchen.
- When you join us, you’ll find that there are no limits on your creativity or your potential.
- We inspire you to grow and challenge yourself because when you are pursuing excellence, you’re helping us to provide exceptional travel experiences.
The impact you’ll make:
- You hold yourself to a higher culinary standard and it is your attention to each preparation that keeps guests with us to dine.
- Working with a dedicated team of experts, you will learn something different every day as you work with new seasonal menus and unique presentations.
- Your hard work pays off when a dish that you’ve thoughtfully helped to prepare has guests raving and anxious to return.
What you’ll be doing:
- Prepare fresh ingredients for cooking according to recipes/menu
- Cook food and prepare top-quality menu items in a timely manner
- Test foods to ensure proper preparation and temperature
- Operate kitchen equipment safely and responsibly
- Ensure the proper sanitation and cleanliness of surfaces and storage containers
- This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional appearance in a clean uniform are also required.
- Prior to employment, we’ll ask you to complete safety training and certification.
What we’re looking for:
- Great teamwork skills and attention to detail
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Previous kitchen experience is a big plus
Rewards for work, Benefits for your lifestyle
You’ll be supported in and out of the workplace through:
- Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
- Learning and development opportunities
- Recognition programs
- Wellbeing programs
- Encouraging management
- Team-spirited colleagues
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online