Yusuf Haliru & Associates Limited – Our client, a Reputable Bank in Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
Job Title: Company Secretary
- To manage the Company Secretariat and ensure compliance with the Bank’s rules and regulations and manage reputational risk among the Bank’s stakeholders.
- Maintaining and updating statutory books and filing periodic statutory returns.
- Maintaining and updating vital shareholders’/share related files within the secretariat.
- To provide legal counsel and support to the Bank as it relates to contracts, litigation and dispute resolution, credit & employment.
- Provide first line/basic legal advice and liaise with the Bank’s lawyers as required.
- Advise Directors on their legal responsibilities and updating them on developments in the law concerning the running of the bank.
- Drafting and vetting of legal documents for disbursement of facilities including mortgage/debenture/lease documents bank-wide.
- Collation, filing and archiving of security documents
- Maintain liaison with external solicitors for mortgage perfection and monitoring perfection updates.
Key Competencies and Qualifications
- First Degree in Law or Business Administration. LL.M, B.L or other Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years’ post-graduation experience within the financial services industry with at least 5 years at Senior Management level.
- Knowledge and understanding of Banking Operations (international & domestic)
- Good policy development and management capabilities.
- Legal financial Planning
- Good policy development and management capabilities
- Legal documentation and perfection & records.
- Regulatory knowledge
- Interpersonal, communication and analytics skills
Application Closing Date
15th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.