International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communication and Knowledge Manager
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Recruitment Type: National (1–year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Develop, coordinate, and implement a detailed communication and knowledge exchange plan for the Activity in close collaboration with Activity experts, partners and the Chief of Party;
- Establish and maintain approaches to ensure the sustainable, timely, transparent and interconnected two–way exchange of knowledge across the Activity;
- Manage and ensure effective stakeholder relationships and knowledge exchange approaches by engaging in dialog and using feedback mechanisms with Activity partners, ADPs and beneficiaries;
- Manage Activity events (including press conferences, promotional events and exhibitions) and produce accurate timely report, events and success stories, newsletters/bulletin;
- Set up, design and coordinate an online media platform on Activity results in close collaboration with a social media;
- Support web–based tools and social media for widespread communication of knowledge generated;
- Produce efficient communication materials (print and audio including educational video documentation) adapted to the needs of farmers for communication of key Activity outputs and learnings;
- Advise on and produce training and educational materials for the manufacture and use of the best–practice production technologies, seed systems approaches, business cluster formation, and integrated value chain development for extension services and rural populations;
- Manage in close collaboration with the Chief of Party and the donor the PR aspect of a possible crisis situation and advising on possible crisis communicationstrategies;
- Participate and contribute to the reporting, evaluation and planning processes and elaboration of Activity.
- Work with other staff of the Activity to ensure that the objectives of the Activity are achieved;
- Perform any other job–related task asmay be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Master’s in Mass Communication, Journalism, English Language, Linguistics, Public Relations or related field;
- With a minimum of seven (7) years experienceperforming similar role in a well-structured environment or donor funded organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be proficient in the use of computers (with good grasp and knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing, power point presentation and other MS office applications), database management software, internet–based tools and other electronic communication tools.
- Have a good understanding and knowledge of online social media tools (such as Web 2.0 platforms, blog sites etc.) and writing for the Web.
- Be Proficientin English language with excellent oral, writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, be a team worker and facilitator, communication and networking skills and the ability to work in a team–oriented multicultural environment.
- Demonstrateability to plan and co–ordinate, and monitor own work plans, prioritize and organize workloads; take initiatives and work under pressure.
- Have an excellent understanding of agriculture, poverty, youth empowerment, gender and sustainability issues in rural development of Nigeria, especially in the Northeast region.|
- Have ability to integrate in an existing complex programme set–up.
- Have ability to deliver accurate and timely reports, events and success stories and newsletters/bulletins.
- Be able to work with minimum supervision and with tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate in one or more of northern Nigeria’s major languages is an advantage.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
2nd August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA.
- The application must include the Names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees (which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.