Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC)
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is a non-profit affiliate of University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) with a mission to administratively support international operations of UMB Principal Investigators. Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S. Currently, MGIC operates in Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zambia, with registration application in-process in Haiti. These operations support the research and clinical programs of the SOM, Institute of Human Virology.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Biostatistics Lead
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Scope: Local
Working Language: English
Technical/Practice Area: Health Informatics
Type of Engagement: Fixed Term
- The Biostatistics lead will collect large volumes of data from varying sources, clean and interpret data, create solutions to overcome challenges, and communicate with interested parties.
- S/he will provide support with project plans and timelines for the Biostatics Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the Biostatistics primary contact.
- Provide biostatistical consultation to clients or colleagues.
- Develop guidelines for how data should be collected.
- Determination of sample size requirements for studies.
- Determine project plans, timelines, or technical objectives for statistical aspects of biological research studies.
- Write program code to analyze data using statistical analysis software.
- Prepare statistical data for inclusion in reports to data monitoring committees, federal regulatory agencies, managers, or clients.
- Prepare articles for publication or presentation at professional conferences.
- Write detailed analysis plans and descriptions of analyses and findings for research protocols or reports.
- Prepare tables and graphs to present clinical data or results.
- Draw conclusions or make predictions based on data summaries or statistical analyses.
- Design surveys to assess health issues.
- Develop or implement data analysis algorithms.
- Collect data through surveys or experimentation.
- Develop or use mathematical models to track changes in biological phenomena such as the spread of infectious diseases.
- Review clinical or other medical research protocols and recommend appropriate statistical analyses.
- Analyze clinical or survey data using statistical approaches such as longitudinal analysis, mixed effect modeling, logistic regression analyses, and model building techniques.
- A Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology, or related scientific field is required.
- A PhD is an advantage.
- Certification in any applicable Health care professional body is desirable but not required.
Experience / Specialized Knowledge / Skills
- Experience: Minimum 5 years working experience doing data analysis or epidemiology
- Specialized knowledge: Expert use of at least 2 data management and analysis tools
- Skills: Strong mathematical skills, Statistics skills, Problem-solving, Adaptability, Written and oral communications skills, Strong teamwork skills, Critical thinking, and Strong computer background
- Interpersonal/Individual Competencies: the ability to work with other team members, flexibility, decisiveness, and personal integrity.
- Required level of proficiency in English (speaking, reading, and writing).
Application Closing Date
15th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.