Sifax Group is one of Africa’s fastest growing multinational corporations with diverse interests in Maritime, Aviation, Haulage & Logistics, Oil & Gas and Hospitality.
BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Berth / Vessel Manager
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure that all operations at the vessel are executed in accordance to priorities set by the planning team and escalate where changes may be required.
- Communicates vessel operation sequence and stevedoring requirements to subordinates.
- Executes the planned vessel sequence and advises planners on information required.
- Ensure the optimum utilization of all equipment deployed during vessel operation by monitoring equipment work queues and allocating equipment and personnel that are required to achieve maximum productivity.
- Supervise the Vessel operations and indirectly the gangs and ensures that each gang is organized, that each person knows what to do and when to do it for the vessel discharge and load operations according to plan in order to achieve the highest possible crane productivity.
- As berth manager you are required to be stationed at the key side when vessel berth and sail.
- Ensures his shift carries out Safety Tool Box before commencing on the vessel operations activities.
- Instructs subordinates on safe working practices and maintains a watch over terminal area for unsafe working practices.
- Conducts proper roll call before and after operations to ensure that all his shift members reported to work and closed at the appropriate time.
- Identifies and solves problems and issues within his competence on a daily basis that may arise with an assigned vessel to improve an untroubled operation.
- Reports problems and issues to the Operations Manager, when necessary especially issues of complexity or great impact on the operation.
- Collating the report of his shift members at the close of their shift, analyze and send to Operations Manager.
Skills and Qualifications
- A university degree Operations Management, Logistics, Business Administration or related discipline.
- Professional qualification in shipping would be an added advantage.
- 5+ years of work-related experience in container terminal operations environment, or similar, related industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Desired Personal Characteristics:
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent communicator
- Problem-solving ability, particularly when working under pressure.
- Must be able and flexible to work variable shifts, weekends, and holiday-specific shifts to be determined.
- Must be able to work extended hours on short notice during non-routine operations.
- Leadership ability is required to be able to coordinate shift activities.
Application Closing Date
14th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: [email protected] clearly indicating the “Job Title” as the subject of your mail.