BE THE FIRST TO GET LATEST JOB ALERTSEnter your email address to subscribe to latest Jobs notifications via your email
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP FOR LATEST JOBS UPDATES
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise.
We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administration and Finance Manager (EU – ECOWAS Scholarship Programme)
Location: Lagos, Sub Saharan Africa, Nigeria
Pay Band: 6
Department: Education and Society
Contract type: Locally Engaged
Duration: Fixed Term Contract ending April 2022
- This post will support the Programme Manager with administrative and financial management functions of the EU ECOWAS (European Union Economic Community of West African States) Scholarship Programme.
- The role holder will support the coordination and delivery of the key elements and activities of the programme across all the countries where the scholarship is based. Responsibilities will also include providing support to the Programme Manager on the recruitment, selection, placement and management of candidates and support to the delivery teams in programme host locations across West Africa and HQ.
- Fluent level of spoken and written English – level B2
- University degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years programme management and delivery experience, at least one of which should be related to Higher Education programming
- Experience organising and managing events
- Experience writing financial reports or internal and external reporting
- Demonstrated experience managing relationships with external clients, partners and stakeholders
- Proficiency in using financial management software SAP
- Experience working on a donor funded contract e.g. World Bank, European Union etc.
- Experience of working in the area of scholarships management/ administration
- Accounting qualification
Role Specific Skills:
- Working knowledge of the Higher Education sector, structure, systems and discourse
- Working knowledge and understanding of local and international scholarships models and delivery processes
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Nigeria.
- Successful candidate will be based in their current location.
Naira 8,106,740 per annum (Nigeria).
Application Closing Date
7th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online